The University Libraries are glad to announce the acquisition of their first state-of-the-art self-checkout machine.
Jafet Library users can now use this machine as a self-service to checkout materials during the library opening hours, avoiding the queue at the circulation desk. There is currently one machine of this kind, and it is located at the entrance of Jafet library, in the lobby.
The self-checkout service is available for current AUB students, faculty members, staff and certain non-AUB patrons with valid AUB ID and borrowing privileges at the University Libraries.
To use the machine, the user should not have any blocks on his/her circulation record meaning that there should be no fines and/or overdue library items pending on the record.
How to use the machine:
- Select “Checkout” or “Renew”, and follow the simple prompts on the screen :
- Scan the bar-code printed on the back of your AUB ID card
- Scan the bar-code printed on the inside back cover of the book
- Desensitize the item
- Print “Date Due” slips (optional)
- Enjoy a quick and convenient checkout process
The Self-checkout allows the user to:
- Verify his/her privileges
- Checkout and renew books and other library materials that circulate (provided they are not on hold for another patron)
- View library account
The Library Loans Policy and the Policy on Overdue and Lost Material apply for all transactions done through the self-checkout machine.
For assistance with using the machine, please refer to the staff at the Circulation Desk, or call ext. 2618/9 or email: email@example.com