Students, staff and faculty members crowded the Nami Jafet Memorial Library lobby on September 22nd to learn about the library services and meet library staff members in a fun and competitive atmosphere during the annual Library Open Day.
Prizes included: 3 mini iPads, 10 power banks, 8 prepaid cards worth LBP 200,000 each, in addition to more than 100 books and many vouchers (offering trips inside Lebanon). The library also distributed more than 4,000 giveaway material and a generous number of snacks, all courtesy of the event sponsors.
The event featured many games and competitions:
- Escape the Library: a group of four students were locked in a room and had to find clues and solve riddles to escape the room in less than 20 minutes
- Libraryopoly: a fun human-sized monopoly game
- A competition by the Center for Research and Innovation at AUB asking students to re-imagine and redesign their classrooms
- Mask the Task Game by BLOM Shabeb
- A Bookemon game: students had to find Pokémons inside the stacks to win books
- A Quick questions game with truth or dare challenges
- A Hangman game:2 groups of 5 students would compete and the winning team members had to then solve a puzzle as fast as possible
- An archives quick questions game at the Archives and Special Collections department
- New UL Instagram followers entered a draw to win as well
The UL would like to extend its sincere gratitude to the sponsors and partners, without whom the event could not have happened.
The sponsors of this event were: Levant Distributers, TechKnowledge, EBSCO, Elsevier, Thomson Reuters, Oxford University Press, Proquest, SAGE, GALE, Wiley, Wolters Kluwer, Taylor and Francis, Emerald, BLOM Shabeb, Benetton and Gandour.
Other partners included: Footprints Nature Club, Springer, World Scientific, Brill, Advanced Construction Technology Services, De Gruyter, JStor, Cambridge, Nature and Naseej.
To know more about the event and to see the photos, please check our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Hashtag: #LibOD16
Below is the list of winners:
- Escape the Library: fastest team won 4 prepaid cards worth LBP200,000 from BLOM Shabeb- Group 6 was the winner and the team members are: Yara Slim, Nadim Hakim, Ghida Shehabeddine and Ingrid Ziade
- Libraryopoly: iPad: Khalil Baydoun ;Power Bank: Hala Al-Mohamad
- Quick Questions: iPad: Hassan Chamseddine ; Power Bank: Line Hachem
- HangMan Game: iPad: Sara Al-Hassan
- Mask The Task Game by BLOM Shabeb: 4 prepaid cards worth LBP200,000 each: Hassan Chamseddine, Sirine Andari, Mireille Khater, Saleem Mahmoud Halablab
- Archives game: 2 power banks: Ibrahim Al-Assaad and Jad Anouti
- Center for Research and Innovation- Redesign your classroom: 2 power banks: Hiba Hoteit and Aya Hariri
- UL Instagram draw: power bank: Gaby Abdul Nour
Looking forward to seeing you at the UL Open Day in 2017!
Read more news about the event:
-AUB Website: http://aub.edu.lb/news/2016/Pages/video-libraries-open-day.aspx
-Outlook Newspaper: http://tinyurl.com/jxj6ws3